Thinking about getting video production done for your business? Worried that it won't get results for you?
A lot of videographers out there make great looking videos but like I said generally there's no plan behind the video and a lot of these videos are for bodying out their portfolios, not for solving problems for your business.
So business owners be on the watch out because there are a lot of people with cameras out there who can make cheap videos, but what's the point in getting a cheap video done? You might be thinking, "Gosh, that's cheap", probably there's a catch, guess what? No strategy, no plan.
Most of the time you the business owner have to come up with the strategy, you have to direct. You have to do it all. That's why it's cheap. You really are better off paying the extra few bob and getting it done right.
When you work with professionals, they ask questions, they want to know where the problems are so that they can offer you solutions. They give you a clear video strategy and when you get your videos, some will coach you, (we do) on how to use the videos that you've spent good money on so that you get ROI.
The coaching session shows you exactly where and how to use the video or videos.
How to implement video properly.
Once you have your videos, any good video production company will sit down with you and show you how to implement your videos. Take for instance a Brand Story Video. This video can be used everywhere to explain what your business does, and how it works, and it does the explaining for you so you don't have to. It is a long life video asset 3 -5 years.
Where would you use a Brand Story Video?
- On your website. It's the 1st video your customers will see when they get there.
- Attach to your signature in your email. So every email that goes out, everyone connects with your business in a friendly non-salesy way.
- Use this video asset in your sales process to save time. Brand story videos save you so much time. They cut your sales process in half, because a lot of business owners spend 40 - 60 mins explaining their business on the phone, whereas the brand story video is a 2-minute video, that cuts out all that time.
- Use it on social media, Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram and so on.
- Send it to prospective clients through Whats App instead of using business cards.
You'll never be left in the dark when you work with professionals.
You'll never be left in the dark when you work with professionals, in fact, you'll learn so much about video from working with them because they shine so much light on the area of video strategy, you'll be very excited about video and it's possibilities for saving you so much time and we all know time is money.
So to wrap up this blog, if you want results, don't spend peanuts on videos, pay properly and work with professionals. They know about business and the right questions to ask. If they don't ask any questions about your business, beware.